Whether you are a newbie to the blogphere or a veteran professional blogger, one of the key activities in blogging is to get connected with other liked minded peers (online or offline). Whether you are blogging for fun or for money, you are encouraged to mingle around with other bloggers as you never know what you are going to learn from them.
If you do a Google Search, you will find many sites/platforms that allow bloggers to network with each other, learn from each other and also expose your blog(s) to other liked minded bloggers. This is especially important if you are blogging for money as the saying goes, online marketing is all about "relationship building"! Same thing applies to blogging too. So, to be successful in the blogging space, besides creating unique and interesting content, do make connection with other bloggers as part of your venture as well. Just treat it as another channel of social networking (like in the facebook or twitter).
Today, I am going to share some of the popular bloggers communities which are free to join:
1. Blogggers - A social network for blog writers (in fact, if you do not own any blog, you can join the network too). It does looks like any other social network, besides promoting your blogs, you can request and accept other bloggers as your friends as well as writing on another blogger's wall. In the "Talk" section, you can connect with other bloggers by posting or answering queries.
2. Blogcatalog - Another social network site like Bloggers.com but the UI (user interface) is more tuned towards twitter whereby you can follow other bloggers and other bloggers can start to follow you. It's "Discuss" section is for you to connect with the rest. Also, there is a Paid membership as well to feature your blogs on the first page
3. Famous Bloggers - On top of getting connected with other bloggers, you can write guest posts for publishing them on this site. Of course, one of the main reason for writing guest posts is to expose your blog and it will definitely increase the traffics potential of your blog. This community is more focusing on how to make money by blogging
4. Link Referral - Link Referral is focusing more on promoting/advertising your blog to other bloggers. There is a "Forum" section whereby you can learn and share the knowledge on any topic under the sun.
5. BlogHer - BloHer is an authority community built mainly for female bloggers from around the world. It was established since 2006. If you are a female blogger, do not miss this community!
I am sure there are many other such communities around, do share with me if you have some other such communities worth recommending.
Meanwhile, enjoy the blogging and networking!