On 29 June 2007, Apple launched the very first version of iPhone. Since then, the mobile scene has never been the same, iPhone has single handedly changed the world of mobile computing. Throughout these 5 years and the subsequent necessary handset upgrade to 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and the upcoming 5, iPhone is still deemed as the mother of all smartphone, globally.
The vision of ex-CEO of Apple, Steve Jobs, changed the way how millions of people live their life (including myself) for the better. With his recent passing and Tim Cook taking over the helm now, Apple is going through an internal adjustment phase, this has given the competitors some breathing space and chance to hit back. Samsung's Galaxy S3 being the most talked about worthy contender now.
Anyway, what I am trying to highlight is that mobile computing like Smartphones and tablets are here to stay for the following reason:
1. It is Real-Time
2. It allows us to take the advantage of location-based services
3. It integrates well with social media for greater reach
In my opinion, a few things that can make the mobile computing even more magical are:
1. Faster speed (with the upcoming launch of 4G networks, it will take care of the speed issue)
2. Lower cost of the handset and data services
3. More compatibility across different mobile devices
Thus, if you are involved in any form of internet marketing, do pay equal attention to the mobile marketing as well as it is a totally different ball-game with lucrative potential.